Founded by Shinichiro Ogata of the design studio Simplicity, who’s responsible for the interiors at Andaz Tokyo hotel and the Aēsop shops, Yakumo Saryo is spectacular in an exquisitely minimal and refined way. Every detail is carefully considered. Natural light streams in through skylights and floor-to-ceiling glass walls; diners have a view of a courtyard garden with plum trees. Even the food keeps to that understated and pure vibe — see above photo — and features only local seasonal ingredients. Stop by Monday through Saturday for breakfast, lunch or tea. As for dinner? It is famously by invitation only.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 10.3.18 Jeanne Damas On: Life in the City of Light
- Travel 9.17.18 Happy Times: Actress Nazha on Travel Tips & NYC
- Travel 8.28.18 Happy Times: Fashion Exec Brooke Cundiff’s Postcard from Majorca
- Culture 7.26.18 Book Issue: To Visit, The Ernest Hemingway Home in Key West
- Travel 7.25.18 Book Issue: Publisher Martine Assouline’s Summer Vacation Guide